Inspired by… is an art competition and exhibition for people in adult education in the UK, celebrating and showcasing works inspired by the Victoria and Albert Museum’s collections.
Entries for Inspired By… 2018 are now open
Inspired by… is an arts competition and exhibition supported by the Rootstein Hopkins Foundation, celebrating and showcasing new works inspired by the V&A’s collections. Run successfully by the V&A for a number of years, the competition has been organised by Morley Gallery since 2014.
- Glass & Stained Glass
- Textiles & Fashion
- Drawing & Painting
- Digital Media including photography, video & sound art
- The Museum of Childhood (MoC)
– a work in any medium inspired by the MoC.
Entries Open: October 2017
Entries Close: Friday March 2 2018
Exhibition Dates : 8-26 May 2018 at Morley Gallery
Awards Ceremony: Friday 11th May at Morley College London
Inspired By …
The judges in each category are listed below:
- Ceramics: Terry Bloxham, Assistant Curator, Ceramics and Glass
- Glass and Stained Glass: Terry Bloxham, Assistant Curator, Ceramics and Glass
- Sculpture: Whitney Kerr-Lewis, Curator, Sculpture
- Jewellery: Alexandra Jones, Assistant Curator, Metalwork
- Textiles and Fashion: Kirsty Hassard, Assistant Curator, Furniture, Textiles and Fashion
- Printmaking: Gill Saunders, Senior Curator, Prints
- Drawing & Painting: Katherine Coombs, Curator, Word and Image
- Photography and Digital Media: Melanie Lenz, Curator of Digital Art
- Museum of Childhood: Katy Canales, Assistant Curator, Museum of Childhood